Sunday, June 13, 2010

Settling In

No new pictures today, just a brief update. On Friday I had an amazingly productive day (I've been told not to get used to it) and met everyone at the hospital and clinic that I needed to meet and found a nursing student who can be my translator and assistant with the interviews! This weekend I've also gotten to meet some of the other palagis (non-Samoans) here on the island. There are mostly groups of people doing either marine biology work, recent law school graduates, or working with the government in some other way. It seems that people come for anywhere from a few months to 2 years, but people rarely stay longer than a 2 year contract. I also got to take my first ocean swim yesterday right in front of the house, the water is just about the perfect temperature this time of year (I hear it's more like bathwater in Jan/Feb). Probably just relaxing the rest of the day and tomorrow I'll head back to the hospital. I'd love to hear from you all, let me know how your summers are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment